When it involves declaring bankruptcy, it is not the weapon it used to be. The law changed in 2005 and in net effect, less individuals are eligible now for bankruptcy than before. Taxes, student loans, and judgment liens are most times still there after you complete the bankruptcy process. That said, it is still, by far, the most effective debt relief device offered to many individuals that are dealing with debt.
Large medical bills, particularly when combined with a loss of employment can create a virtually impossible financial hole to climb out of. Declaring bankruptcy can help lower or even wipe away your medical bills and can even prevent harassing creditors from turning up on your doorstep, especially if they are being unfairly pushy or are fraudulently trying to take more than you owe.
What Are the Benefits of Filing for Bankruptcy?
Filing a bankruptcy petition can be beneficial in a wide variety of circumstances, including:
- If you are at risk of a foreclosure on your property, filing for bankruptcy can stop this action from going forward and also create a payment plan that will help you pay off your arrears.
- Bankruptcy could allow you to take back a vehicle that has been repossessed by a creditor.
- Large medical bills, particularly when combined with a loss of employment can create a nearly impossible financial hole to climb out of. Bankruptcy can help reduce or even wipe away your medical bills.
- If your utilities have been turned off, bankruptcy will help recover services, so you do not have to live in darkness.
- Bankruptcy can end wage garnishment, which means you will have the ability to afford life's needs.
How Can a Bankruptcy Attorney Help Me?
Are you dealing with debt? A bankruptcy lawyer can help you immensely. Although our lawyers have worked with many dealing with a similar struggle to you, we understand that every situation is different, and ensure to deal with each client's case with the personal attention that it requires.
A bankruptcy attorney can help you in some of the following ways:
- Providing you with vital legal guidance
- Making sure that you know all of the options available to you
- Helping to protect your rights
- Offering emotional support
- Stopping you from making possibly expensive mistakes
- Negotiating with creditors on your behalf
- Helping you to restore your credit and accomplish financial freedom
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with our bankruptcy lawyers, and to find out more about what we can do to help you be debt-free and successfully restore your credit.